Tigers on the Hunt: Kursk contains three Campaign Game Scenarios for Tigers on the Hunt. The Campaign Game Scenarios portrait three different battles during the German Summer Campaign 1943, more known as the Operation Citadel.
Three different scenarios: the first Campaign Game Scenario is about 3rd SS Panzergrenadier Division Totenkopf crossing of river Psel, the second 1st SS Panzergrenadier Division Leibstandarte Adolf Hitlers drive towards Prokhorovka and the third XLI Panzer Korps attempt to penetrate the Russian lines at Ponyri.
- Psel Bridgehead: This Scenario takes place 10-13 July 1943 and is about the 3rd SS Panzergrenadier Divisions Totenkops crossing of the River Psel. The SS units must cross the river and capture vital Victory Locations. On the map, there is a small village, a hill with forests and brushes and a road. The Russians must defend the land and try to throw the Germans back. The Victory Locations are scattered around the map.
- Slaughter of Prokhorovka: This Scenario takes place 10-12 July 1943 and is about the 1st SS Panzer Grenadier Division Leibstandarte Adolf Hitlers drive towards Prokhorovka. The SS units must take key positions on the way towards Prokhorovka. The map has Rural Countryside with Hills and a Forrest and the southern part of the City of Prokhorovka. The Paved Road represents the Rail Road into Prokhorovka. Other key positions you can find on the map is Hills 246.1 and 252.2. Soviet State Farms Stalinskoe and Oktiabrski.
- Bled White: The Bled White Scenario takes place 7-10 July 1943 and portrays the XLI Panzer Korps battle in Ponyri. The Germans tries to push through the Russian lines and the fight ends up to be the battle for Ponyri. The Germans has several Victory Locations to take and the Russians tries to hold them. This was a scene for brutal fighting which was at a high cost in human life. The battle map is Rural with the small village of Ponyri. The Paved Road represents the Rail Road going through Ponyri. Key objectives in the village is The Water Tower (Building [7,8]), Ponyri Station (Building [15,7]), Tractor Factory (Building [25,11]) and the School (Building [14,18]).
PLAYING A CAMPAIGN GAME SCENARIO
Playing a Campaign Game Scenario is a different taste of TotH. A Campaign Game Scenario is a much larger scenario with a lot of units on a large map. The battle lasts generally over several days and nights before the Campaign Game winner is called. To do this the Game Turns are divided into portions for Day (8 Game Turns) and Night (4 Game Turns).
As the Campaign Game Scenario last for a while there are some differences from a normal scenario. This is to depict the possibility for a side to do some refit of their units during the night. The differences are that at the start of a new Day:
- Broken and Broken+ units will Rally to normal status
- Broken Weapons will be repaired
- Broken Ordnance will be repaired
- Immobilized vehicles will be mobile again
- Off Board Artillery will be back to possible access again
©2016 Slitherine Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Tigers on the Hunt, Slitherine Ltd. and their Logos are all trademarks of Slitherine Ltd. All other marks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Three different scenarios
Game Turns are divided into portions for Day (8 Game Turns) and Night (4 Game Turns)