We are already working on expanding the content, both thru free updates to the base game and through DLCs. We can’t say much about these though, as it will be part of future announcements.
This post is to talk about some of the things we are planning in the medium term.
We already have a patch (1.0.5) in the works that will fix some issues a number of players are having, and will improve some of the functionality of the game. Details about that patch will be covered in a separate topic when the patch is available.
Below are a number of the features we intend to work on for updates in the medium term.
- Video recorder. Some players have noted issues with recording their Autocam footage. We'll get that fixed up as soon as we can.
- Campaign configuration. To make the campaign more challenging, we'll look at options for the campaign, such as carrying over damage into subsequent battles, and requiring repairs to be undertaken from the war room. The intention is that you will be able to choose whether you want these options or not, so you can configure the level of challenge from the campaign to suit your play style and need for punishment.
- Colonial fleets in skirmish. Player created Cylons fleets will be available in offline Skirmish from the next update (1.0.5), and we'd like to make Colonial fleets an option too. Most of the work for this is to write AI for the Colonial specific abilities, like Flak, Sweeper Chaff Clouds, Posture, etc.
- More skirmish modes (MP and Offline). Presently, Skirmish battles - both multiplayer and offline - have a single objective, which is to destroy all of the other players ships. We will look at adding more objectives and modes to make skirmish battles as varied and interesting as possible.
- Battle damage. We'll look into ways to show progressive damage to a ship before it's destroyed.
- Fighter AI improvements. It's been noted that Cylon fighters rarely engage with Vipers once they have a capital ship target. We'll intend to look at ways to make Cylon fighters more of a menace on the battlefield.
- Armour. Some players have asked questions about how the armour system works, with respect to which section is taking damage. We'll look at how we can make that a bit clearer in battles.
- Emergency jump during battles. This has been requested a lot, and is on the radar. It's a function that changes the balance of the game significantly, so requires careful design to avoid unintended consequences.
- Balancing. With any tactical battle game - particularly one with multiplayer - balancing is an ongoing task. We are watching the discussions carefully and will continue to make adjustments to the units to ensure the game is properly balanced.
Please let us know what you think by taking part in the forum discussion here.
Again, thanks for playing.
So say we all!