As announced on the forum, today we will be releasing a new patch and an update for Fantasy General II.
This is another big one: It comes with the shiny new Content Editor, a tool which allows players to craft their own custom maps and scenarios.
With it you are able to fashion your own maps and sculpting your own geography, quest locations, rewards, enemy spawns, win or loose conditions and even proper quests! Those maps can used by other players to be played in Skirmish mode including texts and quest triggers you set up to create your own story.
It is a very flexible tool, and easy to use. If you’d like to learn more about it and its functionalities, you can download and read its manual from here.
The update also comes with a number of fixes and balancing changes. You can find the full changelog below. Speaking of balance, we introduced a number of Analytics which will help us analyze gaming stats during the single player campaign. They are absolutely anonymous and only relate to gameplay behaviour, and will help us with fine-tuning balance in the months to come.
We are eager to hear what you think about this update, and we can’t wait to see the first player-made scenarios coming out!
That’s not all, of course. We have big plans for Fantasy General II, and as you know we are working on expanding the game. Good things come to those who wait…
Patch 2 Changelog (v01.00.07404)
• Analytics - Implemented gathering of stats for campaign difficulty balancing. All stats are anonymous and game - specific only. This will help us determine the avg for non - scaling AI enemies in maps. Once we have the base numbers we will then do a beta test to test the resulting difficulty.
• Dialogues - Various dialogue fixes and rebalancing (Iseal decision are less punishing and/or more beneficial, Centaurs and Marcra can now be properly used)
• Mercenary Tutorial - Added to map 4 (Under Attack) and gave extra gold to hire
• Aura and Resistance bugfix - Resistances > 100% do not heal the target anymore; fixed a bug where non - stackable auras would still stack in damage calculation.
• Difficulty Tutorial - Tutorial added to explain difficulty change during campaign.
• Challenge Difficulty - Added new difficulty replacing normal, normal and easy are now easier; players who were on normal are now playing challenge, Easy is the new normal.
• Supply Skill and scaling - Removed Extra Supply through skill trees from adding to AI scaling if they are actually used by the army (so +2 supply but only using 8/10 supply does not reduce the enemy numbers)
• Sunken Lands - Into the Sunken Lands is less swampy and easier to navigate.
• Unit Cycle - Cycling units ignores and skips petrified units
• Easy Difficulty Buff - The new Easy difficulty provides a damage resistance teambuff to all player units. Making it even easier!
• Dragon Breath / Charge Through - Fixed an issue that caused the game to get stuck if the skill was used
• Bugfix - Fixed an issue that would cause the game to get stuck when stag riders tries to return to his original position after dying during the attack.
• UI - Various changes trying to reduce Chinese font memory usage
• Bugfix - fixed hiring Centaur Mercenaries in camp in Porikos
• Bugfix - fixed that units that are not part of your army provided you with scavenge/gold resources at end of the map
• Bugfix - Fixed an issue that caused artefacts to disappear while mirror image was active
• Bugfix - Fixed an issue that caused the game to get stuck if a charm runs out after you opened the inventory.
• Bugfix - Fixed an issue that caused Blood Oak Bows to increase its stats while playing
• Bugfix - Certain story locations were permanently displayed as "unexplored" and will now properly display.