Published on February 28, 2007
In Chariots of War, players can build hundreds of buildings and city improvements, and collect 9 different resources such as Myrrh, Gems and Horses. On the darker side of empire, players will have a wide variety of soldiers to recruit and utilize as they crush all opposition to their absolute primacy. Field light troops like skirmishers and auxilia or just go for ancient armoured units like chariots and battle carts.
Some other features of Chariots of War include:
- Play one of 58 different nations on a large & beautiful grand campaign map covering the whole Middle East including 164 cities and 80 minor settlements. There are 10 types of nations each with their own unique units. Smaller campaigns are also included for gamers who want a shorter game.
- Put your General in command of your army fighting real-time battles under the fog of war
- A Random event system that depicts the Era in colourful detail, recreating historical phenomena such as Earth-quakes, Floods and Locust plagues.
- The Happiness and welfare of the inhabitants of your cities will depend on overpopulation, recruitment levels, garrisons and food, and by developing temples, entertainment and other buildings you keep revolution at bay
- Advances will increase the development of your tribe.
- Recruit units from nearly thirty different troop types for you invincible armies
- Barbarian tribes will roam the land, attacking anything they encounter.
- Trade allows you to buy and sell the 9 resources. Different areas of the map have access to different resources so trade is key.
- Diplomats can be sent out to gather information. You can eject enemy diplomats in a number of gory ways.